Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Asian/Hindi wedding and traditions

I'm working on a Hindi wedding. This has been a very interesting experince for me as there is so much tradition. It's going to be beautiful and very colorful. I love working with different cultures and learning about their various ways and traditions and would welcome the opportunity to work with more Asian cultures.

To me, when planning a wedding, it's important to include traditions. Ask your parents and grandparents what they did and see if there's a way you can incorporate something from their weddings into yours. As a surprise consider having the song that was your parents first dance played.

Another thought is to copy the bouquet your mother carried, perhaps incorporating some of the same flowers in your own bouquet.

Ask if your mother or grandmother has a special set of candle holders then use them for your unity candle ceremony. It doesn't matter if they are colored, in the form of elephants etc. if they have special meaning for you, use them.

As you think through your wedding plans, think of things that your children can carry forward as well. Have your cake knife engraved. It will make it an heirloom to pass along.

If you're looking for a different, romantic, affordable destination wedding site, contact me about venues in the Philippine Islands.

Happy planning! Remember, I'm avilable to travel to anywhere in the world to assist you with your wedding. I'm just a call or email away. tanya@weddingsbytanya.com or www.weddingsbytanya.com.

1 comment:

Allvira said...

I belong to Asia, and I am Hindu. I really enjoy wedding ceremony in India. That's the moment of heartily pleasure. Wedding Traditions are mean for us. Its not only a tradition but also worship of god.
Thanks
Wedding Venues