Monday, November 9, 2009

Video or no video?

The question comes up, especially in these economic times, do you want a video or even have the budget for one?

Well, I'll tell you I've heard brides say they wished they had done one, but never have I heard a bride say she was sorry.

Some things to keep in mind when deciding:
1) If you have aging grandparents or parents, they won't always be around and it will be nice to go back and see and hear them talk and laugh.
2) While you won't watch it that often, when there's tough times, it's nice to listen to those all important vows you made to each other.
3) Your children will enjoy seeing their dad with hair.
4) Your attendants may not always be around but this keeps every one close to you.
5) Your children may want to incorporate some of your ceremony/reception into theirs when they get married.

If you don't have the budget to video the whole wedding, consider at least having the ceremony taped. Video goes hand in had with photography. There's lots to be said for being able to hear the music, vows and comments.

There's lots of good videographers out there in all price ranges. If you find someone you'd really like to work with, give them your budget and ask if they can work with it. It's been my experience that the videographer will probably want to work with you as much as you'd like them to video your special day. Just ask!

I'm off tomorrow to Breckenridge, Colorado for two days of visiting venues and vendors for an October wedding next year, with a bride and groom. I still have some good dates available, but remember I limit the number I do in a year! Contact me through www.weddingsbytanya.com or email tanya@weddingsbytanya.com with any questions or to arrange a visit.

No comments: